The Career Services Mission is twofold:
1. to promote the value of a biblical higher education as it relates to employment
2. to assist students in preparing to enter their chosen vocations directly or through further professional or graduate studies.
Career Counseling & Planning Looks at:
• Self-awareness and career choice
• Knowledge of the world of work
• Knowledge of personal values, goals, skills, interests, and personality
• Integrating a biblical worldview within the world of work
• Career resources to utilize
Some Questions to Explore in Career Counseling:
• What can I do with my major?
• What should I major in/ How do I decide what to major in?
• How can I get experience in the field in my area of study?
Some Questions to Explore in Job Preparation:
• How can I effectively write resumes, application letters, graduate essays, etc.?
• How should I go about looking for a job?
• How should I effectively prepare for a job interview?
• What are/where can I find some job search resources?
Areas Career Counseling May Address:
• Explore interests/majors
• Research careers /vocations
• Find on-campus/summer jobs
• Search for internships
• Networking/alumni contacts
• Resume Writing Guidelines
• Cover Letter Guidelines
• Conducting an Informational Interview
• Interviewing Guidelines & Techniques
• Conducting Your Job Search
• Graduate School Planning