Date of Posting: 1-12-2021
Employee Type: Hourly Staff
Status: Full time – Temporary
Department: Public Safety Department
Reports to: Operations Supervisor & Director of Public Safety
Proactive daily health screening for resident students and follow-up to covid-19 cases including contact tracing through Public Safety & Health Services to provide safety & security of the College’s people & Property.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve others.
- The desire and ability to disciple and mentor students.
- A professional appearance.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma required
- Experience in Higher Education safety preferred
- At least 1 year of security/law enforcement related experience preferred
- CPR, First Aid, & AED required within 90 days of hire
- Required Training Completion:
- Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) training by US Dept. of Justice
- Applicable Covid-19 training
- Verbal De-escalation
- Requires clear criminal background check
- Experience in a customer service oriented position preferred
Special Skills – to apply professional and/or technical skills and other resources to the job tasks.
- Computer proficiency, preferably in Microsoft Windows operating systems & department software.
- Self-starter and able to handle confidential matters.
- Must be able to provide explanation in a calm, comforting manner to employees, students, etc. in regard to covid-19 and quarantine, isolation, or contact tracing.
- Able to effectively manage and document a frequently changing case load.
- Superior task prioritization and leadership skills required.
- Must be able to respond appropriately to cases requiring urgent follow-up.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills required; must be able to interact competently, professionally, and calmly during routine and non-routine incidents (i.e. irate, irrational or intoxicated subjects).
- Superior problem solving, decision making, judgment and analytical skills required; must be able to respond with calmness and clear thinking during incidents having a high potential for danger/harm, while protecting basic legal rights of individuals and the College.
- Advanced knowledge of security, law enforcement, medical, and College principles.
Job Tasks – to determine specific tasks required of the position: General Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Assist with contact tracing and other covid-19 related responsibilities as assigned for students and employees in a multitude of programs, settings, and locations.
- Assist with monitoring and control access to campus through technology and in-person screening. This position will primarily screen Traditional Undergraduate Resident Students daily.
- Conduct health screening and accountability of who’s on site.
- Assist in training student health screeners and providing accountability and ongoing training.
- Assist with contact tracing and other covid-19 related responsibilities as assigned.
- Duties include enforcing campus rules and policies, upholding PA & Federal laws; report writing; emergency response; and acting as a College ambassador.
- Assist the Director in furthering the mission of the Department & the College
- Responds to at-risk daily health survey entries, covid-19 case reports for follow-up, documentation, contact tracing. Writes clear and concise reports of all appropriate cases, incidents, investigations, etc. Informs other shift managers of important and irregular occurrences.
- Maintains database of covid-19 cases, actions, and resolutions.
- Reviews and approves daily health surveys, and other related PSD forms completed and submitted.
- Assists the Director of Public Safety & Director of Health Services with daily covid-19 case management, contact tracing, and documentation Shift Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Reads professional literature (medical bulletins, law enforcement, security, safety) and professional bulletins.
- Regularly contributes during staff meetings, shift manager meetings, and other applicable committee/project meetings; assumes an active role in College and Departmental quality improvement efforts.
- Primary hours will be M-F, but at times requires evenings, overnights, & weekends including special event details.
- At times will require other assigned administrative tasks.
- Effectively relate to students, faculty, staff, and administrators; work within a team oriented environment, prioritize tasks in order to provide appropriate service.
Equipment Used: Temperature screening kiosks, handheld contactless thermometers, face shields, applicable ppe, ID scanning devices, radio dispatch system, multi & single line telephone, air monitors, automatic external defibrillators, surveillance system, personal computer, tablet pc, facsimile, and photocopying machines
Software Programs Used: Microsoft Office; WhenToWork (online Scheduling), Omnigo (records management system), LiveSafe safety app, Formstack, task management software, e-mail system, and related software programs.
Building and Location: Reports to the Public Safety Office in the Student Center. Work primarily in the Public Safety administration offices and the student center lounge immediately next to Public Safety, but also at times in all buildings of the campus & outdoors in order to complete the position responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, walk up and down stairs, and work in extreme temperatures. During emergencies, must be able to carry heavy amounts of weight. Will require frequent use of smart phones, tablets, laptops, and phones. Perform other physical work to complete the safety and security tasks of the office.
Personal Protective Equipment/Clothing Required: Position requires the following personal protective clothing to be worn: safety glasses, medical gloves, & masks. When driving or riding in College owned vehicles, must wear safety belts and comply with existing local, State, and Federal laws.
Blood borne Pathogens: Position incumbent may be affected or come in contact with blood borne pathogens.
Confidential Statement: Safeguards the confidentiality of departmental/office administration by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, students, administrators, and staff, and handling departmental records and files, personnel actions, performance evaluations, grade reports, merit, promotion and tenure decisions, and similar confidential materials. Must comply with the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Position is classified as essential personnel which means that working may be mandatory during campus & area-wide emergencies, including weather events at the discretion of the Department Director.
Assist in other duties whenever called upon as needed for the good and welfare of the total College ministry.