Kate Ray (’21), majoring in Music Education, shares what she’s doing to make the best out of being a remote college student!
1. Form a schedule and stick to it.
I’m trying to do assignments for class when I would normally be having the class. It provides some variety and keeps me from spending five hours on a project.
2. Keep your space clutter-free and organized.
3. It’s okay to take a break!
Get up and stretch! Avoid stress-eating all the pretzels.
4. Do things that remind you of campus.
Hot chocolate with coffee creamer is a nice sweet, caffeine-free treat that may remind you of that cafe you miss at campus.
5. Don’t forget about your classmates!
Although you’re not physically in the same classroom, your classmates are still working hard on their schoolwork! Have a study guide to work through? Create a Google doc! FaceTime! Text! Send a carrier pigeon!