Lancaster Bible College | Capital Seminary & Graduate School has formed a new partnership with Pennsylvania Eastern Keystone Baptist Association (PEKBA) to equip leaders and members of the group to further their education at LBC | Capital.
On Aug. 4, 2021, five PEKBA representatives visited LBC | Capital’s Lancaster campus to meet with college leadership, share information, enjoy lunch and a tour, and officially sign of Memorandum of Understanding.
PEKBA is recognized as one of the leading Baptist organizations within the Philadelphia region, established for to develop effective and efficient ministries within Baptist churches.
LBC | Capital’s PEKBA guests traveled to Lancaster from Philadelphia accompanied by Dr. Tanya Solomon, Site Director and Dean of LBC | Capital – Philadelphia, and David Lingham, Recruitment Manager for LBC | Capital – Philadelphia, who helped forge the partnership in collaboration with the Rev. Zachary Ritvalsky, LBC | Capital’s Vice President of Institutional Alignment.
LBC | Capital representatives at the pre-lunchtime information session also included: Executive Vice President Dr. Lee DeRemer; Provost Tricia Wilson; Vice President for Traditional Undergraduate Education Pete Beers; Vice President of Seminary & Graduate Education Dr. Brian Pinzer; Dean for Adult Education Dr. Mark Menga; Academic Advisor for Online Education Shontae Graham; and Chair of the Church & Ministry Leadership Department Dr. Esther Zimmerman.
“PEKBA’s kingdom work is so essential,” DeRemer said in his welcome to the group. “The ministry of PEKBA has been rich in evangelism and education since 1922. We’re thankful for the opportunity to grow together because I believe these teams are committed to God’s call and to being a multifaceted family.”
DeRemer also reminded the group of the Apostle Paul’s words in Ephesians 2:10—“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”
Dr. Wayne Weathers, pictured, PEKBA Moderator and LBC | Capital – Philadelphia Adjunct Professor, noted the mutual benefits of this relationship, stating, “The partnership between LBC | Capital and PEKBA allows our Baptist Association to have an impact on Christian education, illustrating a quality college and theological education a person can receive at LBC | Capital.”
The goals of the partnership between LBC | Capital and PEKBA include the following:
- To provide PEKBA laity and leaders access to quality, and affordable Christ-centered undergraduate and graduate degree opportunities offered by LBC | Capital.
- To create a seamless pipeline for PEKBA laity and leaders to apply for admissions to LBC | Capital.
- To provide opportunity for traditional and non-traditional PEKBA learners to study at LBC | Capital.
- To raise scholarship funds for assisting PEKBA members with the cost of an LBC | Capital education.
- To assist with the continuous improvement and operational excellence of PEKBA Bible Institutes.
- To provide LBC | Capital access to academically qualified PEKBA members who can teach LBC | Capital courses.
- To help LBC | Capital understand the educational needs of the African-American church.
- To provide tuition discounts for PEKBA members enrolled at LBC | Capital.