We know, we know – when you’re a new student coming to a new place, you have A LOT of questions. So many. So, for all you incoming freshman and transfer student at Lancaster Bible College: scan this list of some of our frequently asked questions to see if you can find what you’re looking for.
1. How do I find out who my roommate is?
Read this blog post on the topic for more information.
2. How do I find out which dorm I’ll be in?
Check with our student affairs office. You can send them at an email at email@example.com
3. Can you be in plays/musical/worship teams if you’re not a music major?
Absolutely! Auditions are required for all of these, but you can participate.
4. Are there scholarships for international students?
We do! A $3,000 annual tuition scholarship is available to undergraduate international students who have been accepted to LBC and demonstrate financial need as determined by the International Student Financial Aid Application. This scholarship is renewable with a 2.3 cumulative GPA, and good standing with the college.
5. Does LBC have a church service?
No, Lancaster Bible College does not have a church service because we are not a church. We do have weekly chapel services.
6. What do students do for fun in Lancaster?
Lots of things! Check out this list of fun things to do in Lancaster and the surrounding counties.
7. How can I find and buy my textbooks?
Glad you asked – here’s a helpful blog that gives you step-by-step instructions on how to find and purchase your textbooks for Lancaster Bible College.
8. When do I need to apply?
LBC uses what’s called “rolling admissions,” so you can apply at any time!
9. Does LBC have a study abroad program?
Lancaster Bible College is proud to partner with the Saints Bible Institute in San Lorenzo, Italy. You can read more about that here.
10. Is laundry free?
Laundry fees are covered through your fees for room and board.
11. How often do I have to attend chapel?
The policy varies depending on your status as a full-time student and whether or not you commute. For more information on our chapel attendance policy, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
12. What size are the dorm beds? I need to buy bedding and sheets.
The beds in East Hall and Weber Hall are twin xl. All other dormitories have standard twin sized beds.
13. How much is tuition?
The total tuition for full-time traditional undergraduate students who live on campus at Lancaster Bible College is $35,620, which does NOT include financial aid. To learn more about our scholarships, click here.
14. Do I need to a permit to have my car on campus?
Yes, you need to register your vehicle to have it on campus. You can do that by clicking the section labeled Lancaster Vehicle & Parking Info on the student portal.
15. Does your cafeteria have vegan and vegetarian options? What about food allergies?
We always have a salad bar and there are usually side entrée options like potatoes, pasta, quinoa and more. Our dining services are also happy to provide allergen-free foods for those with allergies and special diets.
16. My parents want to add money to my meal plan account. How can they do that?
They sure can! Learn how to purchase additional “Charger Bucks” (aka money that’s been added to your ID card) by clicking here.
17. When is the cafeteria open?
Here are the hours the Olewine Dining Commons are open during each semester:
MONDAY – FRIDAY
Breakfast: 7 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Lunch: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Dinner: 5 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Brunch: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Dinner: 5 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Lunch: 12 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Dinner: 5 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
18. What sports do you offer?
To see a full list of the sports offered at Lancaster Bible College, click here.
19. How do I submit my homework assignments?
We use a learning management system called Canvas, and they have lots of tutorials here to help you out.
20. I can’t figure out where my classes are. Is there a campus map?
There sure it! Download a copy of Lancaster Bible College’s map here.