For students interested in leadership roles within churches of all sizes and ministry organizations, Lancaster Bible College | Capital Seminary & Graduate School’s Church & Ministry Leadership Department has many options, both at the undergraduate and graduate level.
The Church & Ministry Leadership Department strategically trains global ministry leaders for the 21st century. More than 10 programs are designed to build up servant-leaders, with an emphasis on each student’s unique calling, spiritual giftedness and passions. By emphasizing godly character and developing leadership skills, LBC | Capital prepares graduates to lead with integrity. Internships and practicums reinforce a commitment to balance biblical truth in the classroom with practical experience—at times, in a cross-cultural context.
Check out the academic programs within LBC | Capital’s CML Department, which offers students the option of pursuing their bachelor’s degree in a traditional on-campus college experience in Lancaster or through online or evening in-class options in Philadelphia or Washington, D.C. Those interested in graduate, seminary or doctoral programs will find in-class, blended and online options to fit their schedule and stage of life. Plus, our 4+1 program enables students to earn a bachelor’s + master’s degree in just five years total.
On-Campus Bachelors Degrees
- Children & Family Ministry
- Intercultural Studies
- Pastoral Ministry
- Women in Ministry Leadership
- Youth & Young Adult Ministry
Online & Hybrid Bachelor’s Degree
Seminary & Graduate Degrees
- Master of Divinity (online or hybrid)
- Master of Arts in Christian Care (online)
- Master of Arts in Formational Leadership (online)
- Master of Arts in Ministry
- PhD in Leadership
And, meet the caring, accomplished and passionate faculty members within this department!
- Esther Zimmerman, Church & Ministry Leadership Department Chair, Director of the Children & Family Ministry and Women in Ministry Leadership (interim) programs
- LaSondra Barnes, Director of the Master of Arts in Ministry program
- Casey Barton, Director of Pastoral Ministries
- Rob Blanks, Lancaster Bible College-Pastors Discipleship Network (Uganda) Liaison, Director of Contextualized Pastoral Ministry Degree
- Kevin Gushiken, PhD in Leadership Program Director
- Matt W. Lee, Director of the Master of Divinity program
- Ed Scheuerman, Director of the Intercultural Studies program